FAMU FELLOWSHIP IN ARTISTIC RESEARCH CALL 2022
The Vice-Dean of Film and TV School of Academy of Performing Arts in Prague announces the Call for Proposals for Funding the Artistic Research in the year 2022 under the program: “FAMU Fellowship in Artistic Research”.
The aim of this Call for Proposals is to support projects from the area of Artistic Research targeted on creating of publication results that will lead to the exploration of new forms of research through art, where artistic practice is both the subject and the instrument of research for the artists themselves.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Supported projects must target for publication in one of these existing platforms such as ArteActa (category “On-line”, https://www.arteacta.cz), Journal for Artistic Research (https://jar-online.net), International Journal of Creative Media Research (https://www.creativemediaresearch.org), Screenworks (http://screenworks.org.uk), RUUKKU (http://ruukku-journal.fi), Transition (http://mediacommons.org/intransition/), Tecmerin (https://tecmerin.uc3m.es/en/journal/).
Therefore, applicants should first familiarise themselves with the type of results published on these platforms.
- An eligible applicant for the Fellowship is a member of FAMU academic staff who is an employee of FAMU throughout the implementation period, or a student who is enrolled in any accredited degree programme at FAMU and will have this status throughout the implementation period.
Each applicant may submit only one application as a (main) applicant but also may participate in other projects as a co-applicant, provided he/she is the co-author at least of one project outputs to be published.
- A committee evaluates the applications according to following review criteria:
- The applicant’s previous artistic and scientific experience;
- The contribution of the research to FAMU degree programmes and development in the field of Artistic Research in general;
- Quality of the research plan (content, goals, methods and procedures of implementing);
- Realistic plan with regard to the chosen publishing platform.
- Within this call a maximum of 2 Fellowships will be awarded in the amount of CZK 50,000 per project to be used to cover the personal costs of the applicant and/or co-applicant(s) participating on the project outcome(s).
- Should an applicant or a Fellowship holder become ineligible to carry out the project, or should any other circumstances prevent him/her from doing so, he/she is obligated to inform the project manager Petra Horká (email@example.com) immediately.
Call for Proposals: 4. 4. 2022
Application Deadline: 25.4. 2022 (12 a.m.)
Evaluation Period: 26. 4. – 3. 5. 2022
Results Notification: no later than 9. 5. 2022
Final Report Deadline: no later than 13. 1. 2023 (12 a.m.)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- The application must be completed using the prescribed form and submitted as one PDF file no later than 12 a.m. on April 25, 2022 through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application could be written in Czech or English language and contains:
- The applicant’s short bio (including artistic and research background);
- Research statement (2-3 pages, that is 500-750 words);
- Information about the journal or platform from the field of Artistic Research where the project result is focused to be published.
- If other participants are involved in the project implementation, each of them must be indicated in the application form with their short bio and requested Fellowship amount, with the total amount being CZK 50,000 per project.
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION AND TERMINATION
- The project must be implemented in the same period for which the Fellowship is assigned, from May 15, 2021 to December 31, 2022 and it is understood that ‘successful implementation’ means that the manuscript is submitted for review no later than on the last day of project implementation.
- Where the Fellowship holder is a student, he/she will be supported in the form of research, development and innovation activity scholarship under Section 91(2c) of Act No. 118/1998, amending certain laws.
The academic staff will receive the Fellowship in the form of remuneration for work done beyond the scope of their job description as part of the employment contract.
- The Final Report describing the project implementation and the results achieved shall be submitted on the prescribed form as a PDF file no later than 12 a.m. January 13, 2023 via email to email@example.com. This report could be written in Czech or English language and its integral part is formed by the manuscript and confirmation of its handover/acceptance to the review process.
FINAL REPORT FORM
Minutes of the online meeting of the Fellowship in Artistic Research (FIAR) Committee, Final Decision
Should you have any questions regarding the program and project plans, please contact the Vice-Dean Helena Bendová, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions on the formal aspects, please contact Petra Horká, email@example.com.
Mgr. Helena Bendová, Vice-Dean of FAMU for research and innovation
31. 3. 2022