Intended for: graduating master’s and doctoral students; nominations for the awards are to be submitted by their thesis supervisors and/or tutors (including external) after a successful defence of the thesis/dissertation as part of the state final exam
Purpose of the support:
- The purpose of the award, which should be bestowed every year, is to motivate students in their scholarly and research work and in writing their theses or dissertations, as well as to increase the exposure and knowledge of excellent theoretical theses among other students and teachers of FAMU as well as among experts and the general public.
- The author of the award-winning theoretical thesis/dissertation at FAMU defended during the previous academic year (i.e., between 1 October 2019 and 30 September 2020) will receive an award including a sum of CZK 10,000 from the funds of the FAMU Endowment Fund in November 2020
Nomination for the award and the decision-making process:
- Nominations are submitted by thesis supervisors (including external) or, with doctoral students, by the student’s tutor, following a successful defence of the thesis during a state final exam.
- The nomination must contain:
> The student’s name and contact e-mail address;
> A .pdf file attachment with the thesis/dissertation
> Attached opinion of the supervisor in .pdf
> Grade for the thesis/dissertation given by the state final exam panel
- The nominations must be submitted to email@example.com 15 October 2020
- The award-winning text will be chosen by an expert panel involving Andrea Slováková (Dean of FAMU), Helena Bendová (Vice-Dean of FAMU for R&D), Martin Šrajer (critic and editor of Film a doba and Filmový přehled)
- The award will be bestowed in November