RESULTS: FAMU AT CANNES 2022
A total of 41 applications arrived following the call. The panel involving Dean of FAMU Andrea Slováková, Vice-Dean for International Affairs David Čeněk, Head of FAMU Studio Ondřej Šejnoha, and Head of the Department for Student Affairs Eliška Pičmanová assessed the following criteria:
- Compliance with the requirements of the call (e.g., documents submitted in good time, studying an accredited programme)
- Quality and level of detail of the motivation letter and project
- Academic results
Since this is a pilot project, which could provide the foundation for annual cooperation between the Cannes Festival and our Faculty, FAMU students will have an opportunity to compete for participation again next year. We will organise a meeting with your colleagues, who are visiting this year’s edition, at the beginning of the 2022/23 winter semester, and you will also be able to inquire about the call for Cannes 2023.
List of selected students in an alphabetical order (given the high number of applicants and the good quality of the projects, we increased the number of participants to 6):
Jan ČERNÝ (KSD)
Terézia HALAMOVÁ (KR)
Lukáš JANIČÍK (KSS)
Agáta KOLÁŘOVÁ (KP)
Vojtěch KONEČNÝ (KR)
Shen-hao YANG (FI)
List of substitutes in an order based on the point scores:
Ondřej LUKEŠ (KP)
Damián VONDRÁŠEK (KR)
Sheida SHEIKHHA (FI)
Matouš MACHÁČEK (KP)
The substitutes will be approached if any of the selected students cannot leave.
The selected students will be approached via e-mail with information on practical details of organisation.
Every participant will receive a special pass that will allow them access to the following activities (see below).
The Faculty pays the cost of accommodation in the festival town (from 17 to 24 May 2022) and the cost of travel (two-way Prague-Nice air tickets with cabin luggage). We will also provide organisational support for meeting film industry professionals (on an individual basis).
The representatives of the Cannes Festival have confirmed the following programme:
- Access to the Un certain regard competition section
- Access to the Cannes Classics screenings
- Access to the Special Screenings section
- Access to the Séances du lendemain programme (the section the In Competition films and the Out of Competition films, screened one day after the official premiere)
- Admission to the film market – Marché du film (access to exhibitors’ booths only)
- Admission to film school meetings organised by the Cannes Festival