Tender procedure: academic worker at the FAMU International Department – a teacher for Cinema and Digital Media-Directing
The Dean of the Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (hereinafter “FAMU”) is calling for tenders for the position of an academic worker at the FAMU International Department – a teacher for Cinema and Digital Media-Directing.
The tendering procedure is governed by the Tendering Procedure Rules for Academic Staffing dated 19 January 2017, clause 1(3) and Section 77(2) of Act No. 111/1998 as amended.
- teaching practical aspects of directing in a workshop in English language;
- scriptwriting and direction guidance of graduation films in master’s programmes;
- writing assessments of graduation papers;
- teaching film language;
- active participation in pitchings, clausura examination and state final examination;
Requirements for participation in the tendering procedure:
- university education in art and/or art scholarship or adequate artistic experience in the audiovisual field;
- teaching experience;
- excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written;
- cultural awareness and knowledge of current global cinema;
Start of employment: December 2021
Full-time equivalent: 0.5
Payroll conditions are governed by an internal policy of AMU
The application for the tendering procedure must contain the following:
- a motivation letter;
- an outline of teaching plan to the extent of 3–6 standard pages;
- name, address of residence, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- structured CV;
- copies of certificates of the highest achieved education.
Submit your applications for the tendering process electronically to the e-mail address kristyna.sperkova(at)famu.cz, subject: Tendering Procedure – FAMU International Teacher. by 14 November 2021 at the latest. The tendering procedure will take place no later than six weeks from application deadline.
By submitting their CV, the applicant for the position is giving their consent to the processing of the personal data they provide in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Act No. 110/2019 on processing personal data for the purposes of the tendering procedure. You can find more information on how AMU handles personal data here.
Due to the fact that this is a position of teaching in English, the tendering procedure will be held primarily in the English language.
Prague, 15 October 2021
PhDr. Andrea Slováková, Ph.D., MBA
Dean of FAMU