Rector’s measure regarding the operation and functioning of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague effective from 1 July 2021 (update 2 July 2021)
Further to the Special Measure of the Ministry of Health, the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague will operate as follows with effect from 1 July 2021:
Returning from abroad:
All AMU employees and students returning from the territories that are on the list of countries with a medium and/or higher risk of COVID-19 occurrence (a stay exceeding 12 hours in the last 14 days, or 24 hours if the countries are neighbours) shall:
a) Inform AMU about this, and
b) Produce a certificate of a negative antigen test result from a healthcare service provider from within the last 48 hours (if returning from the territories that are on the list of countries with a medium risk or returning by means of mass transportation), or a negative PCR test result from within the last 72 hours (if returning from the territories that are on the list of countries with medium and/or higher risk).
An employee shall demonstrate meeting the above obligations to their senior employee and a student shall demonstrate it to their teacher when arriving at AMU. Presence at a workplace or during instruction or examination is not allowed without producing a negative test result. Individual cases may be addressed by the heads of departments and sections or their deputies in their absence.
If an employee is sent to a country with a medium or higher risk of occurrence of COVID-19 on a business trip, AMU shall reimburse the cost of the test to determine the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus prior to entering the Czech territory under the relevant measures of the Ministry of Health to the employees subsequently in addition to the business trip settlement.
Employees and students who have been fully vaccinated more than 14 days ago (to be demonstrated by the national certificate of completed vaccination) and employees and students who suffered from COVID-19 during the past 180 days (to be demonstrated by a physician’s certificate or a digital COVID certificate; not by a solemn declaration) are free from the obligation to produce a test result certificate.
The Rectors asks employees and students to carefully consider travelling to countries with greater than medium rate of risk.
A list of the countries and their ranking by rate of risk is available on the Ministry of Health website.
Protection of airways:
The duty of using means of protecting airways (nose, mouth) such as a respiratory mask or a similar device (such as FFP2, KN 95, etc.) has to be observed during one’s stay at school (in the interior areas and in all other publicly accessible areas where at least two persons are present at a distance of less than two metres in the same place and at the same time, unless such persons are exclusively the members of one household).
This duty does not apply to:
- Students and academic workers during educational activities whose nature does not allow for wearing protective items (in particular singing, playing woodwind and brass instruments, and physical education);
- Students during instruction who are seated at desks or otherwise;
- Educational staff or academic workers when delivering instruction;
- Examiners and students being examined during examination, provided that all the persons maintain distances of at least two metres;
- Persons working at a workplace or during the time of other similar activities, during the period when they do the above in one place without the presence of any person other than their co-worker;
- Persons performing original works (e.g., theatre plays, dance, or musical performances), persons delivering lectures and persons performing as part of the creation and production of an audiovisual work or programme.
- Presence instruction of and practice is permitted for the students in all years of bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes/curricula. All students are allowed to stay at the Hradební Dormitory and in the Poněšice and Beroun university centres.
- Art (hands-on) instruction and practice is permitted without restrictions. Other instruction and examination is permitted without restrictions on the number of persons, provided that distances of at least 1.5 metres can be maintained between all the persons present.
- Admission tests are permitted without restrictions on the number of persons, provided that distances of at least 1.5 metres can be maintained between all the persons present.
- Visits to libraries and study rooms are permitted.
- Singing as a central part of study activities is permitted with the presence of a maximum of 30 students in the room, provided that other restrictions allow for the presence of so many students.
- Sports as part of education are permitted outdoors; sports are permitted indoors provided that a maximum of 30 persons are present in a group.
- Lifelong education courses are permitted provided that the maximum allowable number of participants present shall not exceed 75% of the total seating capacity while the total number of people present (including the performers, organisers, examiners, etc.) does not exceed 2,000 persons indoors or 5,000 persons if the event is being held exclusively outdoors; where hands-on teaching is not involved, every participant must be seated. Lifelong education participants are subject to the requirements for the entry of persons to certain indoor and outdoor areas and for the participation in mass events or other activities, defined by the currently applicable Special Measure of the Ministry of Health.
When on the premises of the school, everybody shall wash and sanitise their hands, and maintain social distance of at least 1.5 metres.
Detailed information regarding the operation of the individual Faculties is available on their respective websites.
This measure abolishes the preceding measure in effect from 11 June 2021 and complements the measures in force since 1 July 2021.
PhDr. Ingeborg Radok Žádná m.p.