GREEN ERASMUS+ - Encouraging environmentally sound travels
Students who go for Erasmus stays may obtain a grant if they use an environmentally sound mode of transport.
The new Erasmus+ programming period for the years 2021–2027 brings many new features and topics, including the GREEN ERASMUS+ project aiming at systematically reducing the negative environmental impact of the programme.
We offer an increase of the grant by EUR 50 if you choose an environmentally friendlier mode of transport (surface mass transport – trains, buses…). At the same time, the mobility participants who choose an environmentally friendlier mode of transport can use an eligible period of travel extended by 4 days.
Contribute towards reducing the carbon footprint of your travels!
The objective of the GREEN ERASMUS+ concept is to improve the environmental sustainability of the Erasmus+ while contributing towards an environmentally responsible approach across Europe.
The objectives of GREEN ERASMUS+ are:
- Reduce adverse environmental impact of the Erasmus+ programme.
- Increase the awareness of the importance of sustainable internationalisation across the European university education sector.
- Enable student organisations to drive the change and strive for improvement in environmental sustainability.
The specific steps that will lead towards achieving the goals include:
- Students and other mobility participants will use more sustainable modes of transport before, during and after their mobility programmes.
- Students and other mobility participants will become more sensitive and responsible consumers during their exchange stays abroad.
- University employees and teachers will support ‘sustainable Erasmus’ as an ambassador of environmental sustainability.
- Sustainability will be one of the key topics for student organisations.