Dean’s Decree No. 2/2020 Laying down the operation of the Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague during the special measures related to the propagation of the corona virus infection
In connection with the Special Measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic and the Rector’s Recommendation regarding the propagation of the corona virus, the following measures are promulgated until revocation, unless specified otherwise below:
1) With effect from 11 March 2020, all classes in the AMU buildings (Lažanský Palace, FAMU Studio, Tržiště, Beroun, Poněšice…) are discontinued. Students and attendees will not be given access to the aforementioned buildings.
2) Teachers in contact classes (lectures, seminars, workshops, consultations, etc.) shall determine a suitable substitute form of teaching depending on the form and content of the subjects by 12 March 2020 at the latest (examples: individual reading of suggested literature, on-line discussions and consultations, writing an essay), and shall provide the required information about it to students in their classes online. The plan for substitute forms of teaching shall be scheduled until 3 April 2020. If necessary, it shall be updated prior to the expiry of the above deadline. The heads of the departments shall determine the overall scope of substitute classes and coordinate this with the teachers.
3) All exercises shall be prepared in an extramural form using online means of communication based on a schedule.
4) Scheduled execution meetings shall be held as planned in an extramural form and the supervising teachers will approve the submitted material online.
5) Other classified and extraordinary exercises will not be included in the production plan.
6) The call for applications in the spring round of the FAMU Internal Competition, Scope 3.1. Audiovisual is suspended until revocation.
7) Students shall attend substitute classes as instructed by the teachers and shall pay attention to the current information from the FAMU and department officials (i.e., they shall check their AMU e-mail boxes at least once every day).
Provisions for the production of hands-on exercises at FAMU Studio with effect from 11 March 2020:
1) The production of hands-on exercises is suspended; ongoing filming activities will end no later than Thursday, 12 March 2020 so that all crews can return the equipment to FAMU Studio and providers by Friday 13 March 2020. All exercises planned for production in March and April will most likely be postponed or cancelled.
2) Postproduction sites, studios, classrooms and the FAMU Studio café are closed with effect from 11 March 2020.
3) FAMU Studio and its department providing/receiving the equipment will operate full-time until Friday 13 March 2020.
4) Make sure to use telephone and e-mail contacts provided HERE on the website for any communication with the employees of the FAMU Studio.
Dean of FAMU