Dean's Decree No. 01/2021, terms and conditions of the admissions procedure for the doctoral programme in Czech and English at the Music and Dance Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
Article 1 Introductory Provisions
In line with Articles 18 and 19 of the Statute of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, the Dean of the Music and Dance Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (“HAMU”) sets out below the rules for the admissions procedure and the terms and conditions for admission to the doctoral programme in Czech and English in the 2021/2022 academic year.
Article 2 Maximum number of applicants admitted to the doctoral fields of study at HAMU for the 2021/2022 academic year (benchmark)
Interpretation and Theory of Interpretation, specifically in the following specializations:
- Violin – 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
- Guitar - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
- Oboe - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
- Conducting - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
- Voice - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
- Music Production - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
- Composition and Composition Theory - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech or English
- Sound design - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
Dance in these fields:
- Dance Science - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
- Nonverbal and Comedy Theatre and Theatre Theory - 1 full-time or part-time applicant in Czech
Article 3 Admissions Procedure
• Entrance exam dates: 15 June – 26 June 2021
• Deadline for applications: 15 May 2021
• Administration fee: CZK 878.00, payment by transfer to AMU bank account No. 19-5373180297/0100, v. s. 64911, spec. s. = application code. The administration fee is non-refundable.
• Please electronic application form in the app. Print out the generated application in pdf, sign the printed version and send it together with all annexes (see the annex hereto) by post to the following address: Studijní odd. HAMU, Malostranské nám. 13, 118 00 Prague 1. You can also delivery the application in person to PODATELNA AMU, Malostranské nám. 259/12, Prague 1. Office hours: see Contact | AMU
• For more information, see: Studies | HAMU
• The application web app of the AMU study system is open from 15 April to 15 May 2021
• Applications sent or delivered after the deadline (the postmark date is decisive) will not be included in the admissions procedure.
Article 4 Rules for the admissions procedure and conditions for admission to the doctoral programme
• Each Subject Area Board sets the dates when the respective admissions procedure is to take place. Invitations, together with other information, will be sent to applicants by the HAMU Academic Office staff to the e-mail address specified by the applicants in their application.
• A condition for being accepted to the programme is due completion of a master’s programme and receipt of the respective academic title.
• All the conditions for fulfilling the stipulated criteria and determining the minimum and maximum exam points for the admissions procedure in each field of study are published here: Studies I HAMU
Article 5 Alternative dates for entrance exams
No alternative dates have been set for entrance exams. If an applicant cannot take the entrance exam on the official date for medical reasons and presents medical confirmation no later than within three days of the when the entrance exam took place, the Dean shall, upon reviewing the circumstances and in exceptional and warranted cases, set an alternative date for the applicant to take the entrance exam on the proposal of the respective Study Area Board.
Article 6 Disclosure of the results of the admissions procedure
Applicants will be notified in writing about the results of the entrance exam within 30 days of the decision of the Admissions Committee.
Article 7 Final Provisions
• This decree has been discussed and approved by the Academic Senate of HAMU on 9 December 2020.
• The annex hereto forms and integral part hereof.
• This decree enters into force on the date of its publication on the HAMU website and official notice board.
Prague, 4 January 2021
prof. Ivan Klánský
Dean of HAMU
Mandatory annexes to the doctoral programme application,
2021/2022 academic year
Programme applicants shall fill in the electronic application form in full and send it to the academic system of the faculty (KOS). They shall also print out the completed form, sign it and send it by post to the faculty by the stipulated deadline.
In case of studies:
- in Czech, all the documents listed below must be in Czech
- in English, all the documents listed below must be in English, save the medical confirmation (see below).
MANDATORY ANNEXES TO THE APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
1. Topic of the intended dissertation, including the project itself
2. Professional CV, signed by the applicant, with portrait photograph
(the information contained therein may include an overview of activities in the field, list of published works or artistic performances, documentation regarding public reception of work)
3. Document issued by the corresponding certified institution confirming completion of an exam in two foreign languages, no more than five years old (English level B2, other language level A2).
In the case of an applicant/HAMU graduate who completed a language exam at the appropriate level during their master’s studies, the Vice Dean for Study Affairs, in cooperation with the Academic Office of the respective faculty, shall accept these exams (i.e., grant a dispensation), provided they are no more than five years old.
If an applicant cannot prove that they successfully completed exams in two languages (see above) in the last five years, they shall take these exams, e.g., at the AMU Language Centre after making arrangements with the HAMU Academic Office.
4. An officially verified copy of the master’s diploma and addendum to the diploma or confirmation issued by the Academic Office about studies in the last year of university and date of the master’s State Final Exam in the current academic year (in the respective column of the application).
After graduation from the Master’s programme, the master’s diploma shall be submitted to the HAMU Academic Office forthwith.
In line with Sections 48 and 49 of the Act on Higher Education Institutions, foreign applicants shall append to the application one of the following documents:
- Officially verified copy of their master’s diploma, including the addendum to the diploma issued in the Czech Republic or
- Officially verified copy, translated into Czech, of the master’s diploma, including the addendum to the diploma issued abroad, with a validation clause, or
- Any similar document.
This requirement does not apply to citizens of the Slovak Republic.
5. Foreign applicants who apply to attend a study programme accredited in Czech shall append to their application an official document from an accredited institution confirming they possess knowledge of Czech at a B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and execute all parts of the entrance exam in Czech. (This does not apply to Slovak citizens or foreigners who took and passed a school-leaving examination at a Czech secondary school or Czech institute of higher education that included a Czech language exam – must be documented by submitting a report card/diploma).
Foreign applicants who apply to attend a study programme accredited in English shall enclose with their application an official document from an accredited institution confirming knowledge of English at a B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and execute all parts of the entrance exam in English.
6. Medical confirmation that the applicant is fit to study – in Czech or Slovak only
7. Confirmation of payment of administration fee
Any documents provided will not be returned.